Friday 10 September 2010

Scotland Takes The Honours Yet Again...

I previously compared the efforts of Scotland and England & Wales on the Papal Mass Furniture front, and concluded that Scotland had very definitely scooped first prize.

Now, via BBC Scotland (and the Scottish Catholic Media Office, which appears to have its act together) I discover that a new tartan has been designed in honour of the Papal Visit. There is a deep symbolism in the whole thing from the different colours used through to the number of threads in the design (one for each Scottish parish, it seems!).

And it is simply gorgeous.


I want one.

I don't need a full skirt - that would require rather a large amount of material. I want the shawl that piper Louise Marshall Millington is wearing in the photo.

The Isle of Man produced commemorative stamps. And the information on them is wrong (which apparently increases the value, but is rather an indication of how disorganised things were this side of the border...).

England & Wales have produced, ummmm...?

Scotland unveils a glorious new tartan.


Game, set and match, I think...

4 comments:

Agnes B. Bullock said...

LOVE the Papal Tartan_ will it be widely available?

Et Expecto said...

I would have gone for a yellow and white tartan.

berenike said...

Yellow and white? Can you imagine what it would look like? fu and ugh.

At last immigrant me has a tartan :)

Mrs McLean said...

Wha ha hey! :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...