Saturday 11 September 2010

Hoisting The Flag...

There is probably some technical term for it.

Anyway, after Benediction this lunchtime, Fr. Tim decided that it would be a good time to get the Papal flag flying in preparation for the Holy Father's visit to Britain. Did I mention that it's only five days away...?

First the flag was inspected...

Papal Flag 001

A brief discussion as to the best location for the flag (until we get a proper flagpole) resulted in a large ladder being carried over to the car park lamp post...

Papal Flag 002

There was quite a good wind, but the direction was rather inconvenient. No doubt the Senior MC will be able to tell me what direction it was. As a result, the flag is actually back-to-front. I did try to get a photo from the other side, but His Hermeneuticalness decreed that my car was not a fitting backdrop for the flag... admittedly, there was also a dirty great shed in the way...

Papal Flag 003

However, I wanted to see what I could do about that flag... and, with the wonders of Photoshop, promptly flipped the photo...

Papal Flag 004

That should confuse a few people...

4 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

"That should confuse a few people..."

Especially the Senior MC (who's a very good sailor), when he's trying to work out the direction of the wind "

Dominic Mary said...

Mmmm . . . of course the danger of Photoshop tricks like that is that you can put ideas into people's heads : looking at Fr Tim's cassock might give some of the wilder protestors some ideas, for example. (Well; look which side it's now buttoning !) :o)

Rachel said...

Great pictures. Give the Holy Father a proper welcome!

Fr Joseph OP said...

I've got my papal flag hanging from my window at my Catholic student house. When the Holy Father visits my uni it will be flying out the window! Perhaps Tatchel will glimpse it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...