Thursday 16 September 2010

Media Watching...

I'm somewhat hampered by the lack of a laptop - I had assumed that there would be some computer terminals available. Silly me... Well, in my defence, I've never done this before!

Anyway, as a result, I am trying to blog from my mobile. There is this huge empty room with TVs round the edges tuned into BBC News and Sky News. Right now, that is proving to be rather trying - as the Pope is having lunch and no cameras are there, the news is focussing on Peter Tatchell who is trotting out the same old distortions of the truth...


Gradually, the room is filling up. It's rather exciting to be here.


I spotted a little corner of the room had been claimed by Catholic Voices, so hopped on over to introduce myself, and later even had a chance to chat with Jack Valero.


Tomorrow I hope to see the popemobile as the Holy Father makes his way to Westminster Hall. Media estimates of numbers in Edinburgh have ranged from tens of thousands (Sky News) to 100,000 (BBC News).


More later...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...