Sunday 15 November 2009

Very Remiss Of Me...

I did see this when it was first published, and even bookmarked it for later posting, but then I got distracted. Still, better late than never.

Parishioners at St. Mary Magdalen's, Brighton, were treated to a Solemn High Requiem Mass for All Souls Day. Clare filmed the whole thing and then cut the images with the music - I am very impressed with both the singing and the video itself. I particularly liked the black-and-white film effect!

Clare's video definitely wins over my slideshow... though I think Blackfen had the edge when it came to vestments!!

3 comments:

Fr Ray Blake said...

Oh that is just our Scots set, silver wire embroidery, on a black silk velvet pile, on blue silk, Belgium, circa 1875.

The whole point of the video was to show off our choir, a bit. I think they are quite good, don't you?

Mulier Fortis said...

If the purpose was to show off the choir, you certainly succeeded... the singing was absolutely brilliant.

I did admire your vestments... I just thought that the ones we had (on loan) for All Souls were nicer... just a tad...!

;-P

Mark said...

Thank you for posting this, Mac! God bless.

It's wonderful to see Father's restored Church too! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...