Sunday 4 January 2009

Battling Manfully On...

Right now, I am feeling like death, dug up and warmed over... and then reburied. I know when it is time to take another dose of my medicine, because I start to get woozy, short of breath and recommence trying to cough up the lining of my lungs. Coughing that hard has unfortunate side effects... When I take the medication, I feel better for a bit, and then start doing too much, and end up feeling exhausted. Night-time is the worst, because lying flat makes coughing harder. As a result, sleeping isn't something I'm doing much of... it's more of a fitful doze, and so I'm "oversleeping" more than is my usual wont.

Yes, I am feeling very sorry for myself. I also feel guilty, because I have the sneaky suspicion that I probably should be swathed in layer upon layer of protective clothing, and, if I must venture out, I should ring a little bell and call out "Unclean, unclean!" as a warning to others. The doctor did say that I should rest, but didn't seem to think I was infectious... 

Hmmmmmn...

5 comments:

Fr Ray Blake said...

Poor Lamb!

Mulier Fortis said...

Baaaaaaaaa *cough cough*

I shall take your comment as being genuinely sympathetic!
;-)
The disadvantage of living alone is that there is no-one to tell you that you look (or sound) dreadful, and should stay at home...

Fr Ray Blake said...

I know nothing about technology, but is there a danger of catching it by downloading your blog? It is a virus, isn't it?
Should you be online?
I'm not blond but I am a priest.
a-a-achew!
told you!

Fr Ray Blake said...

Of course I am sympathetic, I am a priest!

gemoftheocean said...

Mac, you poor fish, try having 3 whiskey and sodas. They won't cure you, but at least you won't give a d*mn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...