Thursday 25 December 2008

Might As Well Be Hung For A Sheep As For A Lamb...

I am up way past my bedtime. Seriously way, way past. But it's Christmas Day, and I'm just back from Midnight Mass, and it was so awesome that I had to post a picture (or two).

The Mass was a Solemn High Mass, which is just mind-blowingly beautiful. We had enough servers to have six torch bearers during the Canon, and the choir pulled out all the stops. The silence during the consecration was so profound, it really brought home to me the line about how Christ came to Earth in the silent watches of the night...


Ok, now I really do have to go to bed, or I won't make it to the 9am Mass. I'm supposed to help with the singing, so say a prayer that my voice holds out, as I'm croaking already...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Mac!

Would you maybe give a wee mention to this blog:

Juventutem Scotland
http://juventutemscotland.blogspot.com/

(This is the Scottish Chapter of Juventutem)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...