Tuesday 29 July 2008

Another Of My Spectacularly Blonde Moments...

Uh-oh. They do say that the devil makes work for idle hands. I think I've just proved it...

I have posted previously on the things I tend to do to my hair. In the past year or so I have been pretty restrained, and have gone to the same hairdresser most of the time. This has cut down on some of my more hair-raising experiences.

Unfortunately for me, my hairdresser chose to go away on holiday round about the time I was due for my roots to be re-touched. This is more of a problem than it sounds: my hairdresser only works on Wednesdays and Fridays. She also gets booked up pretty early. I couldn't get an appointment for this week - she's busy. Last week, I was busy. Next week I'm on the Faith Summer Session. The week after that, I'm on the Faith Summer Break. The week after that, my roots will look really disgusting, and there's no way I can leave them that long...

So, today being relatively quiet, I thought I would fix the problem myself. I've done it often enough before...

However, being blonde, it would seem that I suffer from a particular type of amnesia, namely "blonde-shade-itis." This results in my forgetting exactly which shade of blonde looks best. I just grabbed a pack of hair dye out of my cupboard, and applied it.

In other words, I forgot "Lesson 1." Having actually blogged about it, it is particularly galling to find I have repeated the mistake!

Tomorrow I shall try damage limitation. The way I'm feeling right now, this may involve hair clippers and a wig.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... poor you!

gemoftheocean said...

Sigh. You know you have to post a picture again of what color it comes out like you did last year. :-D

Karen

Kasia said...

Oh dear.

I shall have to post about my two experiences with dyeing hair at home...look over my way in a day or so...

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

Are you green?

Is it green? I want to see green.


That'd be pretty cool.

Mulier Fortis said...

Sorry, Hilary... can't oblige, I'm afraid.

I'm just a boring mousey dark blonde. It's a horrible colour, but I'm not sure when I'll have the opportunity to do anything about it...

*sigh*

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

You should try green.

Just for the summer.

Then take a picture and put it on the blog.

That'd be cool.

Green green green...

go green.

Kasia said...

But not in an environmental way. In a hair-dyeing kind of way. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...