Wednesday 16 January 2008

Another Christmas Present...

I was bought this as a stocking filler. It has some rather nasty jibes at religion, but ignoring that chapter, there are a few mildly entertaining quotes...

"I wish I'd known you when you were alive..."

"I have a previous engagement which I will make as soon as possible."

"If you had a brain, you'd be dangerous."

"You have an hourglass figure... pity the sand has all settled in the wrong place."

My favourites involve Sir Winston Churchill...

Nancy Astor: "Winston, if I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee."
Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."

Bessie Braddock, MP: "Winston, you are drunk!"
Churchill: "Indeed, Madam, and you are ugly; but tomorrow I'll be sober."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a clumsy re-write of Wilde's immortal,

"Oh yes, I would have come, but I had a subsequent engagement."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...