Thursday 17 January 2008

Political Correctness Taken To Extremes...?

Looking at revision posters produced by one of my Year 7 classes, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a diagram of an unborn baby "in situ" so-to-speak. It was very well drawn. What got me was the label: an arrow pointing to the swollen abdomen and "pregnant person" written beside it!

Don't look at me. I'm very definite I told the class that women were the ones to get pregnant!

Along a similar vein, the Curt Jester has an excellent proposal for all of us who are tired of being labelled "homophobes" - we need to embrace the victim culture and declare how hurt we are at such hateful and judgmental language. Time to challenge the homophobiaphobes!!

1 comment:

gemoftheocean said...

Well you know what they say. A camel is a horse designed by a committee.

You just want to smack whomever the editor was. "Is everybody in your family this stupid? Or are you just special?"

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...