Sunday 10 June 2007

Personal Rules

Oh Lord, another tag. I'm tempted to plead temporary insanity, but Newhousenewjob knows me too well to believe that it's temporary, and is unlikely to let me off the hook. Added to which, it looks interesting, though I doubt I'll be able to come up with as many as ten foibles...

"I think it would be safe to say that we all have personal rules that we live by. Surely it's not just ME. I'm not talking about moral rules, like "Do not kill." I'm talking about the silly policies we impose on ourselves, like "Never eat anything you can't identify," or "Don't step on sidewalk cracks." For some reason, I started mentally listing the quirky rules I follow and got curious about other people's personal rules. Hey, why not start a meme?"

Ok, so here are mine:

1. "A cup of coffee" for me is actually plural. It works the same way with tea...

2. I don't eat vegetables. Potatoes don't count as vegetables (especially if they're chipped and deep-fried) but tomatoes do...

3. I never drink any alcohol if I'm driving anywhere, even if I won't be driving until much later.

4. I'm usually the one driving when I go out for a meal, and so I generally order a coke. I hate getting a straw with it, and the ice and lemon just get in the way... so I usually give the order to the waiter as: "Large coke, please - no ice, no lemon, no straw, thank you!"

5. I don't phone people for a chat after 9pm (except for one friend who is a real night-owl, and she has indicated that she prefers late-night calls) or before 9am.

6. At home, I sleep with the radio on.

7. If I'm on my own, I have to have something to read when I eat.

8. As a teacher, I hate having students walking behind my chair. I believe in keeping them exactly where I can see them... I'm also extremely territorial... my classroom, my desk, my chair, my cupboard...

I can't think of anything else... and this is one I'm going to leave open to anyone interested. Just leave a note in the combox to say you've taken me up on my tag!

1 comment:

newhousenewjob said...

I'm rarely available for a phone chat BEFORE 9pm - perhaps that's why we speak so seldom... :¬)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...