Tuesday 12 June 2007

A Case Of Bullying...

I shall have to consider a reduction in my daily blogging time: I have been informed, in no uncertain terms, that I am online for too long...

...Sylvester has taken to sitting on the arm of the chair next to my computer. He occasionally used to lean forward and put his front paws on the computer desk and head-butt me gently on the chin.

Obviously this did not get his point across strongly enough. Today he sat on the chair and reached forward with his paw to tap me on my arm. When I turned to look at him, he sat back, nonchalantly, and pretended it wasn't him. And when I looked back at the screen and the keyboard, he did it again, with his claws out a bit...

I'm actually being bullied by my cat.

UPDATE: Sophie (the cat who allows herself to be fed and housed by Cate) has written Sylvester a little note, with a picture of herself. She's pretty gorgeous too (but not as scary-looking.)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better learn to quite now, than have Sylvester decide your fate !!

I am considering cutting back or even reincarnating as a different blog.

Mulier Fortis said...

Ummm... I might try distracting Sylvester with a plate of Whiskas...

a thorn in the pew said...

Cat looks dern ornery as we say here in the states. Does bribery work or will he expect constant bribery?

Mulier Fortis said...

He does expect constant bribery. It was my lack of attention to the bribery (because I was online) which led to me getting given the evil eye (and then the even more evil claw)
;-)

a thorn in the pew said...

Dern ornery = mad about something
It's a mood, not a question of cuteness. Sorry you had to come hunt me down.

ali mata said...

I like your cat. He looks mildly vicious...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps that is the "Why are you pointing that thing at me again?" look. His white spot is lovely and quite distinctive. He looks like a wise kitty to me.

Mulier Fortis said...

No, Cate... he looks at me that way whenever I am sitting at the computer and he wants attention (I took the photo using my phone while pretending to look at the computer)

For attention, substitute Whiskas cat food / dry munchies / stroking as appropriate.

Kasia said...

Yes, both of my cats dislike my being on the computer overlong (which is to say much at all)...

I had found that picking them up and giving them obnoxiously overacted cuddles buys me a bit of time - they get disgusted and walk away for a few moments - but since I've been working the second job, apparently they are so starved for my attention that they even take that. Poor boys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...