Saturday 26 May 2007

Tagged Again

Ok, Jackie has tagged me for the Eight Facts and Habits meme. I was about to protest that I'd done it already, but looking back, I see that I've actually completed the Six Weird Things meme and the Five Random Facts meme, but not the Eight Facts and Habits meme... and just suggesting that you put the two posts together doesn't seem very sporting!

1. I am a book-a-holic. Libraries are a disaster area for me because I hate giving the books back.

2. I adore chocolate... though, since my experiences with the Chocolate Tasting Club, I have become rather picky about what chocolate I eat. This may prove to be my salvation in the waistline department, as the chocolate I now consider to be the best is rather on the pricey side.

3. I am terrible about getting up in the morning. I'm a real night-owl... unfortunately my SD doesn't believe in such things, and I've been told to go to bed earlier...

4. I love computers. I am (unfortunately) old enough to remember the old punch-card computers, and learned how to write simple programs in BBC BASIC. I then "progressed" to the Sinclair Spectrum and became a dab hand at playing "The Hobbit" (one of the earliest examples of computer games) Computers were so unusual back then that, by dint of hogging the school library computer to write quizzes and play games, I was awarded the Library Prize at the end of the Fifth Year (Year 11 in today's money.) I do find it hard to understand why other adults of the same age as myself can be such technophobes. We've had the machines readily available for 25 years...

5. I adore cats.

6. My favourite cartoon is Garfield. A fat cat who hates mornings, and loves coffee, lasagne and pizza. 'Nuff said. The Far Side comes a pretty close second.

7. I really love driving. The major car-crash I had 18 months ago didn't put me off: the three weeks it took me to get a new car were the longest of my life!

8. I love real coffee. I used to have my own percolator in my classroom. Strangely enough, I don't tend to drink as much coffee at home.

Now for the hard bit... upon whom shall I inflict this meme? Ok, the eight lucky people are: Newhousenewjob, Carolina Canonball, Fr. Justin, Fr. Benedict, Mark, Fr. Paul, Jeffrey and Stephen...

Rules: 8 things about you or your habits and then tag 8 people by visiting their blogs...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks Mac!

i like driving & coffee. i'm the other way round to you...early to bed early to rise..but can't say it's made me healthy,wealthy & wise! lol

God bless

EC Gefroh said...

I love the Far Side!

The Crescat said...

http://thecrescat.blogspot.com/2007/05/more-fun-with-memes.html

my head hurts now.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you chocoholics....

Bunnies with Issues

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...