Monday 2 April 2007

The Ten Suggestions

In the Combox of the Cafeteria Post I wrote about below, there were the following "Commandments" for Liberals, which really deserve an outing...

Liberals' version of the Ten Commandments:

1. I claim to be God. I'd like it if you had no other god but me. I don't want to offend, so if you don't want to, I understand. Worshipping inanimate objects is kinda dumb and makes you look ridiculous, but who am I to judge.

2. Since you are Constitutionally guaranteed the right to freely express yourself, I'd appreciate it if you'd not use my name in vain. It's common courtesy

3. Try not to work at least one day of the week. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

4. You should be nice to your parents. But I understand that in the interests of self-expression you don't, at least not in public.

5. You shouldn't kill people who are productive to society. But the unborn, the infirm, and the elderly are fair game. The only exception to this is violent criminals. You are commanded to leave them alone. They are victims too.

6. You shouldn't commit adultery, or, at least don't be public about it. In any case, its good to have a prenup just in case.

7. You shouldn't steal. That is the government's job, and they hate competition.

8. You should not bear false witness against your neighbor, unless it give you political advantage, then its fair game.

9. You shouldn't covet your neighbors stuff. It will tempt you to steal it, see suggestion #7.

10. You shouldn't covet your neighbor's wife, but his girlfriend, boyfriend, or the wife or husband of someone who is not your neighbor are all in play. See idea #6.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh very nice indeed. I'm borrowing that for my own blog. Complete with hat-tip, of course.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...