Tuesday 3 April 2007

ET Phone Home...

I hear it said again and again: there is more computer power in your average desktop computer than they had when sending the first man to the moon.

I am beginning to think that there might be more computer power in my mobile phone too...

Over a very enjoyable lunch, I was able to explore some more of the capabilities of my new phone... to check out the bluetooth, Wi-Fi and beam functions properly, one requires the presence of someone else with (a) a similar phone, and (b) the same "geeky" appreciation of gadgetry (necessary because of the patience required when pressing various buttons to "see what this one is..."!)

Fr. Tim is much more techno-savvy than me. And he patiently explained (I'm blonde...) that text messaging someone's contact details involved typing out all the information: just pressing "send contact" would send a text to the contact number...

...So you can imagine my delight when I discovered that my phone does allow me to send contact details as a text message to someone else... and his doesn't! Not that I'm competitive, or anything...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suppose it's OK for Fr Tim to be going out with a blonde for lunch! We won't tell anyone..lol. Actually can you send him our way..after Easter?

Jeffrey Smith said...

You're right about the drastic increase in capabilities. The first real computer, Eniac, ( I think that's what it was called ) filled a big room but only did what the average pocket calculator will do today.

Mulier Fortis said...

It's OK, Jackie... I'm an ugly blonde...
;-)

Anonymous said...

i bet you're not! That picture was hilarious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...