Sunday 1 April 2007

The Marvels Of Modern Technology

I am becoming more and more enamoured with my snazzy new phone. I have succeeded in dowloading the doobrey-whatsit needed to convert Calendarscope to HandySync so that I can avoid transferring everything to the dreaded Microsoft Outlook just so that my phone's diary function works.

Fr. Tim mentioned on his blog that he'd had the same problem, but resolutely refused to give any advice, claiming that he "didn't do tech support..." However, when tackled over a pint in the parish club, he did relent and told me that I would need to do a registry hack. I'd spotted this already on the blog post, so it wasn't much help... especially since I had no idea how to do a registry hack, or what the registry was... or where... (apart from "on the phone" - hey, I'm blonde! What did you expect??)

I emailed the software support team for Calanderscope, and pleaded incapability due to hair-colour. They sent me the idiot guide to registry hacking. It worked. First time! My diary is now up to date. Now all I have to do is remember to use it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's enough of this blonde talk! i have 4 blonde daughters, & the blondest the eldest is studying Medicine! LOL

Mulier Fortis said...

I'm blonde too... and reserve the right to maintain all that I've said about blondes...
;-)

Anonymous said...

You have a pub? Not fair!

(One of the few things I miss about Spikey Mikes.)

Mulier Fortis said...

Club, Mark, not pub...

Hmmn... maybe I should use a larger font...
;-)

Anonymous said...

Bah! Honestly, I read that as pub.

At St Michaels (old Anglican Church), the presbytery had been converted into a pub--"Cloisters"...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...