Tuesday 27 February 2007

There Ought To Be A Law Against It...

...because laughing so much that you cannot breathe and your sides hurt just doesn't seem right during the sober season of Lent! However, I thought I'd share the following snippet with you anyway (I'll go to Confession for it if I have to!!) courtesy of Dominican Idaho:

Working people frequently ask us retired people what they do to make their days interesting. For example, the other day I went downtown and into a shop. I was only there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

I said to him, "Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break?" He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a "Nazi." He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires.

So I called him a "doughnut-eating Gestapo." He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket. This went on for about 20-minutes. The more I abused him the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't care. I had come downtown on the bus, and the car that I was standing next to (the one he was putting the tickets on) had a bumper sticker that said "Hillary in '08."

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...