Saturday 4 June 2016

More Sea Views...

The subjects for my blogposts seem to fall into three categories of late: cats, the seaside and church activities. At the risk of boring you all to death, this is going to be yet another one of my seaside posts!

The weather has been pretty ghastly over Half Term. If I was visiting, I'd probably be pretty miffed - I guess that's why people go abroad for holidays, where the weather is more predictable. However, as I actually live here, I can enjoy the scenery in bad weather without feeling as if I've lost an opportunity to catch the sun.

20160531_100617

It was so windy at the beginning of the week that even the majority of the gulls were hunkering down on the grass - one or two tried flying, but were rapidly blown back inland. I drove down to the car park on Westbrook promenade and took a few photos of the waves...

20160531_100720

20160531_100740

I could see from the remnants of surf on the walkway just how far the waves were reaching. I'm no lightweight, and there were two sets of railings between me and the water, so little chance of my being swept out to sea at that point, but I had no intention of getting soaked by a rogue wave! I decided to beat a fairly rapid retreat to the comfort of my own front room.

20160604_202111

This evening the weather was considerably drier, and the wind had dropped - though a sea mist appeared to be building. I could barely make out where the sea ended and the sky began. The tide was out, which allowed me to see just how deep the water got at high tide - it's difficult to judge when the tide is actually in. Even so, I thought a few more photos, especially of the sunset, wouldn't go amiss. If the view was good enough for Turner to capture more than once, then who am I to disagree...?

20160604_202954

20160604_202325

I hope to get a few more photos once the Summer weather makes an appearance...

2 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Excellent stuff, Mac. First-Class camera.

Continue to stay away from those HUGE waves.

Your local Micro-Pub and Wine Bar is
MUCH more comfortable and safer.

Regards.

Elizabeth said...

As I look at your photos I can almost feel those fresh sea breezes
filling up my lungs. I wouldn't say no to a holiday by the sea, even if the sun didn't shine...












Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...