Thursday 6 December 2012

Dance For Rio...

Having found out about the great band ooberfuse via His Hermeneuticalness' blog post on Shabaz Bhatti, I was delighted to spot that one of the band had started following me on Twitter. It seems that Cherrie Anderson, who is one of the very talented songwriters and vocalists, likes to read my blog. I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's because of the cats. They are, after all, adorable, despite what His Hermeneuticalness says!

Anyway, I promptly started following back. And, from Cherrie's latest tweet, it seems that ooberfuse are making a video for World Youth Day 2013. They want volunteers who like dancing and want to be in the video to turn up at North Greenwich tube station on Saturday morning - that's December 8th. - at 9am.

It sounds like tremendous fun. Sadly, with two dodgy knees and an even more dodgy ankle, dancing isn't my thing these days. I'm also attending the Missa Cantata at Blackfen for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. But if you do happen to be free, I'd recommend it...

Here's the video they made in memory of Shabaz Bhatti, to give you a taste of the group's musical style...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...