Friday 22 April 2011

Maundy Thursday...

2011 04 21_0031The Maundy Thursday services at Blackfen yesterday were awesome. We had Mass in the Extraordinary Form, followed by Vespers, and then there was watching until midnight at the Altar of Repose...

My memory appears to be going AWOL... I was sure that last year we didn't celebrate Vespers, but Jonathan Hague, Blackfen's Senior MC, assured me that we did exactly the same last year!

The altar servers appear to have had great fun ringing the bells at the Gloria...

2011 04 21_0006

The Mandatum...

2011 04 21_0013

The choir were in good voice, though sadly our Choir Mistress, Brenda, was in hospital...

2011 04 21_0016

And the Altar of Repose was truly beautiful, thanks to the work of Hilda, our Sacristan...

2011 04 21_0071

You can see more Maundy Thursday photos on Flickr.

UPDATE: I have just looked at last year's post about Holy Week, and realised that Jonathan was absolutely correct in his assertion that we had Vespers as well... In my defence, there was a lot going on that week (like my car breaking down in a pretty catastrophic manner!) and so I've probably blotted the entire week from my memory as a way of preserving my sanity...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love the altar of repose. It looks beautiful. It brings back memories of other altars I've seen over the years, especially the ones in the chapel in the Convent school that I went to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...