Friday 22 April 2011

Good Friday...

2011 04 22_Good Friday 2011_0009

I thought I'd try a photo of the High Altar in a sepia tone, because it looked so stark and bare. I like the sepia tone - black and white seems less effective (although I think black and white works better for portrait shots - one of the only pictures of myself that I like is a black and white photo!)

I found myself in tears during the veneration of the Cross. The choir sang O sacred head ill-used, which is one of my favourite hymns. Fr. Tim Finigan is seen here, creeping to the Cross in stockinged feet, along with Michael Baldry, our deacon...

2011 04 22_Good Friday 2011_0026

A few more photos can be seen on my Flickr page.

2 comments:

Dilly said...

Can I be controversial here and say that I much prefer the "Sacred Head ill-used" version of lyrics to that of "Sacred head sore-wounded"?

Mulier Fortis said...

Dilly, that's not controversial, it's just a plain statement of fact - the lyrics to the "ill-used" version simply *are* better than those of the other version!
;-p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...