Tuesday 17 August 2010

Ooooooh... A Computer !

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my parents have been dragged into the twenty-first century (probably kicking and screaming) and have gotten rid of the old computer that they had. The new one is a vast improvement, though the keyboard isn't as sensitive as mine, so I'm having to bash the keys a bit to make sure the letters register.

At least that's going to be my excuse for any typos.

I also won't manage to post any of my photos until I get home, basically because I don't have any software for cutting the photos down to a suitable size for the web. I could have altered the size of the photos on the camera, but I like having my originals a decent size and resolution. I've discovered that Flickr is best kept for displaying the best photos one has, rather than putting them all up and selecting a few for the blog. And uploading the original files directly onto the blog would make the blog load even more slowly than usual. So no new photos until I get back.

The weather has been vile - cold and wet. I contented myself today with taking photos of the inside of the church of Our Lady of Ransom, Eastbourne. The priest I saw after Mass said he was happy for me to publish them on the web provided I didn't say anything horrible about the architecture... and I'm not going to do that, because I think the church is quite beautiful.

Jess has just come in, soaking wet, demanding that I dry her off, which makes me think of Sylvester, who does the same thing. Molly and Max, the yorkies, are doing their best to look cute, which indicates that it's feeding time...

More later.

3 comments:

Matthaeus said...

I agree - it's a lovely church, well worth a visit.

G. Thomas Fitzpatrick said...

Mac, you are using Blogger. It has its own built-in thingy which takes photos and put them in suitable size. Readers can click on the image to see it in full size.

I use it all the time at my site because I am tired of Photobucket's bandwith limitation which leaves my images unviewable for 5-9 dsays before the 14th of every month, which was my account start date, I guess.

Hope that helps.

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks, but I also like to edit the photos before putting them up, just to check the lighting and so on... my stepfather's computer has crashed 4 times this morning trying to load the picasa albums I have on blogger for this blog, let alone for any fresh photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...