Saturday 21 August 2010

Final Profession On Papa Stronsay...

Brother Martin Mary, F.SS.R., made his final profession on the Feast of the Assumption. The photos, especially of the chapel, are wonderful!


I confess to doing a double-take on seeing this one... I thought for a moment that Brother Martin Mary was lying on a black rug, being covered in white, with his arms outstretched...

And am I the only person who thought "Ooooh, that would make a great scene for a murder mystery..."?

Yes?

Ooops. Ok. My bad...

5 comments:

Jeff Miller said...

When I saw the picture I though the religious was dissolving into the carpet.

A said...

I have a feeling that they are a SSPX group... if so, whilst they are no longer excommunicated - they are still not in full communion with the see of Rome.

I hope you managed to attend licit Mass whilst you were there.

Mulier Fortis said...

Max, I wasn't there. That's the amazing thing about the internet... it lets people from all around the world share experiences like this.

As for your jibe about the SSPX, it's the bishops and priests who have the problems with Rome. The faithful have no problems attending Mass or any other sacraments with the SSPX.

And as far as I am aware, the FSSR are not the same as the SSPX,...

Matthaeus said...

The Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer (FSsR, or formerly Transalpine Redemptorists) are a traditionalist congregation in full communion with Rome. They were originally formed in 1988 and associated with the SSPX, but were reconciled with the Church in June 2008.

Hope this clarifies things.

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks for the details Matthaeus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...