Thursday 26 August 2010

And, On The Subject Of Saints, Happy Feast Day...!

Fr Baumann Visit 04As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Blackfen was visited by a co-founder of the FSSP, Fr. Gabriel Baumann. He, his nephew and his nieces had to leave early this morning in order to catch a boat, and so he celebrated Mass at the dreadfully uncivilised hour of 6:30am. My Guardian Angel had been given point duty, and I duly staggered into the church, bright-tailed and bushy-eyed, just in time to light the candles (I am soooooo glad that I set things up yesterday!)

The Mass was to celebrate the feast of St. Zephyrinus, Pope and Martyr. One of my commenters has Zephyrinus as his Pseudonymous Saint, so I said a prayer for him, and took a few photos of the Mass for his delectation (sadly, he was unable to attend.) There are a few more photos on my Flickr page.

Fr Baumann Visit 12

Zephyrinus also appears to like cats, and is very solicitous of Sylvester's welfare. I offered him (Zephyrinus, not Sylvester) the opportunity to caption this little photo...

2 comments:

Zephyrinus said...

Wonderful photos, Mac (and wonderful Vestments). I now feel dreadful for missing this Divine Mass on such a special Feast Day. I promise, next year !! [Thought the captions with the cats (below) were rather good !!]

Mary O'Regan said...

http://thepathlesstaken7.blogspot.com/2010/08/st-zephyrinus-he-abolished-wooden.html

I posted a link to this post in my post on St. Zephyrinus. The link to your post is in gold letters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...