Sunday 25 January 2009

Fame...

I had a bit of a surprise at the end of Mass this morning. As I left my pew, a voice from behind me asked, "Excuse me, but are you the Mulier Fortis?"

Katrina and her husband Dario are, apparently, fans. Over from Italy visiting a relative for a short while, they had been to Mass in a few other churches round the area, where they had, as Katrina put it, encountered some strange practices and heard some very odd things. Reading my blog had led them to find Fr. Tim's Parish website (with directions) and so they thought they'd give it a try.

Getting lost, they hailed a taxi to ask for further directions: did the taxi driver know of Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church, by any chance?

They were in luck: as well as being given directions, the driver added, "I think you'll enjoy it there!"

So, Katrina and Dario (I hope I spelt your names correctly... feel free to correct me in the com-box) welcome to Blackfen. It was great to chat to you in the Parish club, and do visit again soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!

Brilliant!

See, Mulier...the blogosphere DOES love you. Just in a different way than giving you bits of html code and calling it an award :)

gemoftheocean said...

HaHA is right....if you're at Mass someday, and someone says "yo, dudette!!!" behind you that will be me! (Does Fr. Tim keep the parish beer on tap all the time, or does he have to lay it on special?)

Mulier Fortis said...

Karen, he had to encourage the club to add a keg of real beer (with a proper hand pump), but it proved very popular, and not just among trads, so it's on tap all the time now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...