Wednesday 25 June 2008

That Time Again...

Yes, folks, I've been sent another blonde joke. I'm too tired out after tonight's Parents' Evening to post on anything more serious... you can find that stuff by visiting the usual suspects (the Brighton Blogger, His Hermeneuticalness, the chap with the Latin dictionary, etc. etc.) ... but blonde jokes are my own speciality, so....

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive double-pane energy-efficient kind.

Yesterday, I got a call from the contractor who installed them.

He was complaining that the windows had been installed a whole year ago and I hadn't paid for them yet.

Now just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am stupid. So I told him just exactly what his fast-talking sales-rep had told me last year, namely that, in just one year, these super-dooper windows would pay for themselves!

"Helllooooo!" I told him, "It's been a year!"

There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up... He hasn't called back, probably too embarrassed about forgetting the guarantee they made me. Bet he won't underestimate my intelligence again...

2 comments:

Kasia said...

ROFL. That's a good one...wonder if I could get away with that one with a new furnace?...

deb said...

Oh my! That was funny. I can almost imagine that actually happening! I wonder if you could use this to actually get free stuff....mmmm....LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...