Thursday 19 June 2008

Thank You...

It started badly - I overslept, so by the time I got to the photocopier there was a queue. I then had a registration cover, and then another lesson to make me feel really good.

By the time I got to my second lesson (the one to be observed) I was feeling distinctly queasy. Still, the class settled down quickly to complete the starter activity, and I thought I'd survive.

And then the Head of Biology didn't turn up...

After 10 minutes, I decided that the stress of rescheduling (and anticipating) the observation was worse than the stress of being observed, so I sent a member of staff off to look for him.

He was profuse in his apologies (he thought it was scheduled for Friday) but was happy to observe the rest of the lesson, which was a relief for me. And he was very complimentary, so I am off the hook... until next term!

1 comment:

Roses and Jessamine said...

What a relief for you! And you got a good report. Whenever I had class observations I used to do my utmost to try and distract the observer from their clipboard - involving them in the lesson, asking students beforehand to talk to him. That took the pressure off temporarily while I worried about armpit wet patches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...