Monday 14 April 2008

Time For A Video Post...

After Mass this morning, a young woman was looking for Fr. Tim, as she needed something translated from Latin to English. Unfortunately, Fr. Tim is away in Rome. A parishioner decided that I might actually know a little Latin myself, and so I was approached. Luckily, the young woman wanted the words to Pie Jesu, which is pretty easy, even for a duffer like me.

I decided to check things out on the web when I got home, and found quite a few You Tube videos. I rightly assumed that the Andrew Lloyd Webber version was required rather than the one from Fauré's Requiem...

I prefer Hayley Westenra's singing to that of Sarah Brightman...



But in the new series of Britain's Got Talent, Andrew Johnston sang the first part of the Pie Jesu, completely wowing the judges (including the normally acerbic Simon Cowell) at the tender age of 13 !

3 comments:

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

let's hope the poor kid doesn't end up like the horrible Charlotte Church. Yeesh!

Anonymous said...

I've got to say England's spoiled when it comes to young singers, from Angelis (which Simon put together to Libera (my favorite) and all the Cathedral choristers.

Chris

Anne said...

Yes, I watched him and it was beautiful. I shed a tear or two but then the thought occured to me. He's 13? Hello? His voice is going to break any minute then he'll start making ape noices, like the rest of his teenager friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...