Thursday 24 April 2008

Pleasantly Surprised...

When I first saw the report (courtesy of the Curt Jester) of three middle-aged Irish priests signing a £1 million recording deal, my heart sank. Was this going to be another cringe-making, guitar-strumming trio, surrounded by liturgical prancers, I wondered?

And then I saw a link to The Telegraph's article on the trio, with video, over at Fr. Longenecker's. The priests are going to be singing sacred music. And wearing clericals. And they sound good...

6 comments:

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I saw the sign above the door to W. Cathedral, "We need your help"

Got that right buddy. But it's not money you need.

Tell you what. Why not return to the Catholic religion? You'd be amazed at how much money would come flooding in.

Worked great for Mother Angelica.

Anonymous said...

They are Catholic. They even Studied in Rome and were singing for the Vatican. They sing good traditional Catholic Latin hymns.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good...

Anonymous said...

No, the Cathedral.

The sign, hanging above Westminster Cathedral door, "Westminster Cathedral needs your help"

Well, we the spiritually bereft people of Britain need the Faith.

It sounds to me like a deal could be made here.

Adrienne said...

....and they're cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll be buying a CD.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...