Thursday 14 February 2008

Priorities

This week's Confirmation classes dealt with the topics of chastity and marriage.

The boys' class, to a man, just looked wide-eyed in terror at the thought of marriage.

The girls, on the other hand, had already mentally booked the flights, decided on the beach location (I had to squash that one ever so slightly), drafted a guest list and had moved on to the dress and accessories...

One girl even wanted to know if it was possible to export one's own priest, if, for example, one wished to get married in, say, Malta... I was assured that this location was hypothetical.

2 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

I wish I'd saved the article...I remember running across a news item last month that claimed that British men were the most shy re: asking a woman out.

I guess they do eventually, because you can't all come from cracker jack boxes!

Karen

gemoftheocean said...

Or do the women eventually "have it" with the men and just cut one from the herd and conk then out and drag one back to the cave?

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...