Monday 17 December 2007

Pause For Thought...

I came across this video while meandering around the web. This chap decided to celebrate the purchase of a new camera by taking a photo of himself each day... for eight years!


Living My Life Faster - 8 years of JK's Daily Photo Project from c71123 on Vimeo

That got me thinking... how much have I changed in the past eight years? Not my looks, but in my spiritual life. John Henry Newman wrote something about change... but unfortunately googling it just brings up the last part of the quote, about how to be perfect is to have changed often... and I just know that there's more to it than that.

Come on you lot... help me out here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that Fr. Faber's response to Newman's assertion, whatever it was, was to say, "All change is bad, even change for the better."

a true conservative.

antonia said...

Hi! That sounds like an awesome thing to do (taking photos of yourself everyday!)

I might try and do that over a year!


On an unrelated note...just noticed that you don't have my blog in your side-bar anymore!
waaa! I hope I didn't offend you or anything...

Mulier Fortis said...

No, no offense, but my blogroll is for public consumption... and you are putting a restriction on your blog! Also, you hadn't posted anything since October, and I like to keep the blogroll up-to-date...

...let me know if you plan to re-open your blog!

EC Gefroh said...

Did you see the Homer Simpson parody?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OkPadYJZ9M&feature=bz302

antonia said...

Ah! I thought it might be something like that!

My original blog is still up and will stay up probably 'forever'. My new blog is indeed very much functioning and I post daily, but it's just password protected now. I'll send you an invite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...