Tuesday 18 December 2007

Not A Well Body...

There have been some really nasty bugs at school. I had been rejoicing that, despite starting at a new school (which tends to mean that you catch everything going while your immune system readjusts) I had gotten off pretty lightly, with only the occasional bout of the lurgy...

... alas, I rejoiced too soon. Monday morning started off with a croaking voice and a scratchy throat... I managed to get to the early-morning Mass, convinced that things would improve once I was up and about. They didn't. I was sent home from school later in the day so as not to spread any germs along with the seasonal good cheer. Two days in bed with a temperature, decidedly wobbly knees, and a bunged-up-yet-runny nose, headache and sneezes have left me feeling very sorry for myself.

On the plus-side, the scratchy throat seems to have gone...

I am not good at being ill. I want sympathy...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Mac.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon, Mac. I am not feeling too good either, but must go to work today. Grrr... at least there is a carol service tonight.

gemoftheocean said...

Yikes. I had that thing last week. I even stayed away from the Carols and LEssons service I was really looking forward to on Sat. to make sure I was Okay for Mass on Sund.

You've had that sucker TWICE now -- jeez, that's not fair. I can usually count on that one really doozie of a cold - but I don't usually get the same thing back. On the plus side, you should be good by Christmas. :-D

If all else fails make some of those whiskey balls I told you about - It won't clear up your cold, but you won't care!

I live alone too...the worst is needing to eat something and not feeling like cooking. I pulled myself together enough to order pizza and then I picked it up. Eat half or a third and put the rest in the fridge. Rewarmed pizza is just as good the next day. Even cold. Chicken soup is for OLD people, and we're not OLD. :-D Where's that St. Bernard when you need it?

Karen

Cathy said...

I hope you feel better, Mac.

Poor, poor Mac.

Poor honey. What can I get you?

(Is that enough sympathy?)

:)

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Huge big dollop of sympathy headed your way.
Hope you have a lemsip free Christmas.
Hot whiskey with brown sugar otoh...

God bless

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...