Tuesday 28 October 2014

All Saints


There are several Extraordinary Form Masses being celebrated for the Feast of All Saints on Saturday, so many that it's impossible to keep track... I know that there's a Missa Cantata at St. Mary Magdalen, Brighton, and another at St. George's Cathedral, Southwark, and possibly one at St. Mary's, Chislehurst. There is also a sung Mass at St. Augustine's, Ramsgate at 12 noon/

I've never been to St. Augustine's, and so I am looking forward to seeing the church. I hope to try out my "proper" camera. Fr. Marcus Holden has done wonders in generating the funds to develop and restore the shrine, and, amazing though my phone camera is, I doubt it will do justice to the Pugin architecture. Mobile phones aren't brilliant in subdued lighting conditions.

The Victoria Consort will be singing Victoria's Missa O Quam Gloriosum. A wonderful way to kick off November...

1 comment:

Society of St. Bede said...

Also Missa Cantata at Maiden Lane, We have also been asked to sing Mass at St. Bede's, and some of us will be going to sing at Chislehurst!

Of course the big celebration is in Norwich... Pontifical High Mass!

There will also be lots of Masses for All Souls (EF) on monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...