Wednesday, 1 January 2014
My First Award For 2014...
The exceptionally erudite, wonderfully witty and seriously saved Bruvver Eccles has nominated me for a Sunshine Award. This is awarded to "bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere." I was pretty chuffed to find myself on Eccles' list, until I realised that I'm probably only there because of the cats.
Apparently I'm supposed to write 10 pieces of information about myself. I'm not very interesting, and anyway, people only read the blog to check up on the cats. I know this is true because of the number of times I am greeted by the phrase "Oh, so you're Mulier Fortis! How are the cats?" So I'm concentrating on them...
1. I have two cats, Cardinal Furretti and Monsignor Miaowrini.
2. Furretti is named for Pope Pius IX whose family name was Mastai-Ferretti.
3. Miaowrini is named after the Papal MC, Monsignor Guido Marini.
4. Furretti is furry.
5. Miaowrini miaows at me when she wants to be dried off after getting caught in the rain.
6. Furretti's brother was called Cardinal Catzinger but he died a few days after I adopted him.
7. Furretti demonstrated her traddy credentials early on by shredding The Catholic Times and leaving The Remnant unshredded.
8. Miaowrini is the better hunter - she came in riding a pigeon one morning.
9. Both cats are champions of Cat-holic orthodoxy - they trashed The Bitter Pill and left the Catholic Herald unscathed.
10. The cats have special "kitty steps" to help them get to and from the cat flap, made by Blackfen's Senior MC.
And now I'm supposed to nominate 10 more bloggers who are positive and creative and inspiring. That's made more difficult because Eccles has chosen some of my favourites already...
So, in no particular order, I shall nominate -
Ladies first - Leutgeb (Bara Brith), Annie Elizabeth (Defénde Nos in Proélio), Annie (Arundel & Brighton Latin Mass Society) and Mary O'Regan (The Path Less Taken.)
The gentlemen - Zephyrinus, Matthaeus (Sub Umbra Alarum Suarum) and Laurence England (That The Bones You Have Crushed May Thrill.)
And the clerics - Fr. Michael Brown (Gateshead Revisited), Pastor in Valle (Valle Adurni) and Fr. Simon Henry (Offerimus Tibi Domine)