Monday 27 August 2012

Cat Stuff...

2012-08-11 00.20.07My cri de coeur as to whether I should keep putting up news of the Monsignori drew a pretty large response from my readers, confirming my suspicion that the majority of you are really interested in the cat posts and the Catholicism bit is a bonus.

When I returned from Eastbourne, I knew that Monsignor Furretti would be all over me like a rash. She was pretty clingy as a kitten, and has grown up to be rather attention-seeking. I expected Monsignor Miaowrini to be more sulky, but she was quite pleased to see me too. Both of them have been spending quite a bit of time in the sitting room with me while I blog. They take turns to sleep above the computer...

2012-07-27 20.30.35

2012-07-26 00.40.35

Until today, that is.

Somehow or other they realise that I want to give them some worming medicine. I'm not stupid enough to try and give it in pill form. I've bought some drops to go on the back of the neck... the packet was in the midst of my online grocery delivery, but somehow or other the kitties know something's up, and they've gone out.

Watch this space...

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Pills are easy. Grab them by the back of the neck (scruff), pull head waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back, mouth drops open, shove it in. I need not tell you to do this maneuver rapidly. I move so fast my kitteh doesn't realized anything has happened.

It may seem mean, but it doesn't hurt them.

Here's a good video on how to scruff a cat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFKl_rSpM8

john-of-hayling said...

my vet uses a little plastic gizmo that grips the pill and then a squeeze releases it down the kitties throat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...