Saturday 11 February 2012

A New Bishop For Lourdes...

Rather nicely timed for the Feast of the Apparition of Our Lady at Lourdes, it seems that Tarbes & Lourdes is to get a new bishop. He's something of a traditionalist, I think, and Fr. George Byers (who spent some time as a Chaplain at Lourdes) appears to be rather happy about the appointment, so I guess that it must be another of what Leutgeb would call "A. Good. Thing. "

I doubt that we'll notice any changes when we go on the parish pilgrimage to Lourdes later this year (I guess we have to give him time) but it will be interesting to see what effect this appointment will have on attitudes to the usus antiquior being celebrated in the Domaine.

My one regret? That Lourdes can no longer boast of a "Bishop Perrier" in addition to being in possession of statues of St. Remy and St. Martin!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...