Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Best-Laid Plans of Mice & Pigeons...

I was going to do some serious blogging this evening. I even left work relatively early. After all, it's the anniversary of Summorum Pontificum... and the SSPX have been in talks with the Vatican... all very important stuff. Alas, I arrived to find the living-room seriously carpeted in feathers, with a mangled pigeon corpse arranged artistically in the middle of it all.

It was rather bloody and a bit smelly - I think Miaowrini has really gotten into her stride.

I spent the early evening hoovering and cleaning up, and then I poured myself into the bath, along with a glass of wine.

I did consider doing a little light blogging before getting to bed, but there are two cats staring fixedly at a bookcase. Given that my cats aren't usually interested in the Barchester Chronicles or Agatha Christie, I surmise that something is trapped behind the bookcase.

I don't want to know what it is, so I'm abandoning the computer, and I'm going to go to bed instead.

I might get the chance to blog tomorrow... Don't hold your breath.

3 comments:

Idle Rambler said...

Oh dear, I hope the 'body behind the bookcase' didn't make an appearance during the night. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mac,

You've won an award over on my blog!

Thank you

Catholicmc

john-of-hayling said...

When mine do that it is either a very large spider or a mouse. With mice they get very excited and do a lot of open mouth breathing to get the correct smells and hence locate the poor beast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...