Friday 24 December 2010

Kitten Stuff...!

A few people have asked me how the kittens are getting along. It being the season of goodwill and all, I am delighted to report that the two of them are much more friendly towards each other since they came back from the vet. My decision to have both of them operated upon at the same time (despite a slight age difference) was obviously a good move... and I suspect that they united in the face of a common enemy.












Both Monsignor Miaowrini and Monsignor Furretti have received the tonsure... I was fascinated to note that Miaowrini has pink skin under her black fur, whereas Furretti has black skin.


Knowing that curiosity is the besetting sin of all feline life, I have been careful to keep the toilet lid down. I was slightly distracted the other evening, and failed to observe this little precaution. Sure enough, I suddenly heard a loud splash: Miaowrini had managed to fall in. Fortunately she managed to get herself out again rather quickly, without getting her stitches wet...

4 comments:

Stitchwort said...

Thank you! I had been wondering how they were making out, especially after the vet visit.

And how are you doing? I was surprised to read recently that you were still using crutches--how long has it been? (I know, too long!)

Merry Christmas from a cat fan across the pond!

Mulier Fortis said...

Thanks, Stitchwort... It's been 5 months - I was almost ready to ditch the crutches, but then we had a major snowfall (and I fell over in it) and then another one. I hope to get rid of the crutches as soon as the ground seems "safe"... though I'm still in pain and rather stiff. I don't use the crutches inside my house, but they are useful outside, and on stairs...

Zephyrinus said...

Nice upholstery, Mac.

Mulier Fortis said...

What's left of it after the kittens have shredded it... it took a while before they cottoned on to the purpose of the cat scratching post. I just hope my landlord doesn't notice...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...