Saturday 28 November 2009

A Happy & Holy Advent...

I like the season of Advent. If observed properly, it makes a wonderful antidote to the relentless secularisation of "Christmas." It's a time of preparation, hence the purple vestments at Mass.

The Curt Jester has come up trumps yet again with his animated Advent Wreath, which is available free, gratis and for nothing from his blog - the JavaScript code is easy to insert, and the animation will be updated each week, so more and more candles get lit.

2 comments:

Fr Joseph OP said...

He's a genius. I had been searching everywhere for this type of thing. Sadly I'm not so techy when it comes to html.

Michelle Therese said...

A blessed Advent to you too! I love this season as well. Such a wonderful time to prepare for Christmas in the real way.

I'm so totally nabbing one of those Advent wreaths for my blog lol!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...