Friday 4 September 2009

Quick (But Important) Post...

Term has started again, and I've had to hit the floor running: busy, busy, busy! I shall endeavour to put up a couple of posts over the weekend (I know what I want to write, I just just haven't had the time) but, in the meantime...

1) Please can you pray for a friend of mine, who was taken into hospital today with a perforated appendix, and for his family.

2) I saw this on Fr. Tim's blog, and I think it bears quoting in full...

A catechumen of the Archdiocese of Hanoi, Bui Thanh Hieu, who writes under the pen name Nguoi Buon Gio, which means “Wind Trader” has been arrested and detained for criticising the Vietnamese government's distortion of the Pope's speech to the Vietnamese Bishops at their Ad Limina visit.

I humbly encourage bloggers to post on this injustice. The Wind Trader needs our support and the Vietnamese government needs to know that its distortion of the Holy Father's message is open to scrutiny from the rest of the world.

VietCatholic news: Pope's speech distorted, catechumen, dissident bloggers arrested.

See also the CNA article: Vietnamese blogger arrested for challenging media distortions of Pope's speech.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...