Friday 3 July 2009

Another Photo-Op...

While I'm off, I am doing my best to get to daily Mass. Anaesthetics are dodgy things, after all... Usually it's the morning Mass at Blackfen, but on Fridays there is an evening Mass in the usus antiquior at Chislehurst.

Fr. Charles Briggs, the Parish Priest, always asks if I'm taking photos, and whether they'll end up on my blog. I've previously had to explain that my mobile phone just wasn't up to the subdued lighting in the church...

This evening's Mass seemed to be too good an opportunity to miss, and so I took a couple of photos.

I was sitting rather too far back for my little camera, but use of the zoom helped; it was a struggle, though, to keep the camera still. I really should have used my monopod, but I forgot to bring it with me.

Unfortunately, Fr. Charles moves rather more quickly than Fr. Tim, and I'm not quite as good at timing him, so I missed the elevation of the Host, but just about caught the end of the elevation of the chalice...

Tomorrow morning sees our monthly Missa Cantata at Blackfen, so I shall try to get a few more practice shots in...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Dear Mac,

I was wondering what the normal attendance for a weekday Mass would be in parishes such as Blackfen and Chislehurst in the old Rite and the NO.

Thanks.

Great shots by the way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...