Wednesday 1 April 2009

Well And Truly "Got"...

In time-honoured fashion, and with the minimum of fuss, a couple of the students in my Tutor Group demonstrated that I am not at my most alert at 8 am.

"Oh, Miss... " one of them exclaimed on seeing me head into the building from my car, "Be careful, your shoelace has come undone!"


I really should have twigged that it was 8 am on April 1st...

My only consolation, as I continued to make my way inside the building, was hearing the same student exclaim: "Joe! Your flies are undone... Hah! April Fool!"


3 comments:

Rachel said...

I came into work and a co-worker said, "The boss wants to see you right now." And I believed him, even though the boss is on a business trip and not due back for two days!

Baron Korf said...

Were you at least wearing something with shoelaces?

Mulier Fortis said...

Baron - yes, as it happens... though, to be totally honest, it probably wouldn't have made any difference...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...