Sunday 22 February 2009

The Dignity Of The Mass...

As Paulinus so rightly said, it's not my Mass, or Father's Mass, or any one person's Mass, it is Christ's Mass, and, as such, no mere mortal has the right to muck about with any of it.

As an antidote to some of the dreadful stuff we have all heard about on the blogosphere, Paulinus wants everyone to put up pictures of beautiful Masses, whether they're in the Ordinary or the Extraordinary Form. My guess is that the Extraordinary Form photos will outnumber the Ordinary Form photos, partly because the EF is simply more photogenic (with the eye drawn upwards and inwards along the natural line-of-sight) but also because it's easier to take a photo when the celebrant isn't glaring at you... (heheheheh... I am such an oppressed parishioner!)

I have so many photo to choose from, but I think I'll go for this one: Epiphany (Jan 6th 2009), Extraordinary Form, Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Blackfen, England.

1 comment:

the owl of the remove said...

I wonder if the 'revolting' parishioners have any sense of how wonderful it is to see so many altar servers - little question; was it like that it Blackfen before that "divisive" priest arrived?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...