Wednesday 21 May 2008

Confused? You Will Be...

This one had my head in a spin. The vice-chairman of the All-Party Parliamentary Pro-Life Group, Mrs Claire Curtis-Thomas, has come out with a real show-stopper.

"For the record, and contrary to many of the statements that I have read this week which purport to know my views, I am not opposed to abortion. I believe that women should have the right to choose; I just hope that they do not choose to have an abortion."

Which bit of "pro-life" do you think that the woman does not understand?

Mantilla-twitch to John Smeaton of SPUC, who calls for her to resign from the post.

UPDATE: An anonymous comment was made on this post which was just too good to leave languishing in the com-box...

"They need to rename it the All-Parliamentary Partly Pro-Life Group. Then they won't need to change the letterheads. Roll on the Chastisement. I'm beginning to envy the dead already."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They need to rename it the All-Parliamentary Partly Pro-Life Group. Then they won't need to change the letterheads.

Roll on the Chastisement. I'm beginning the envy the dead already.

Mulier Fortis said...

LOL !

Thought and Action said...

She did say it herself.Now,she must do the sensible thing.Resign!

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

My head hurts!

Roses and Jessamine said...

I am told by 2 reliable sources that Mrs C-T "has never failed to vote with [the pro-life movement] and neither has she ever failed to table a question or sign any Early Day Motion condemning abortion tabled by pro-lifers..".

I agree it's a mixed message coming from Mrs C-T, but the call for resignation seems a bit harsh. The voting record matters too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...