Tuesday 1 April 2008

Third Time Pays For All...

It's an expression I heard ages ago, and seems to refer to fulfilling obligations. On a whim, I googled it, and discovered that I would have heard it first when studying Twelfth Night, and then again when reading Tolkien's Lord of the Rings...

Anyway, meme number three comes to me courtesy of La Mamma at Antagonistic Pots and Pans.


1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves. (D'oh... I thought I could miss that bit!)
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged.

So far so good... though I'm running out of people to tag...

What I was doing 10 years ago:
April 1998 I was starting my third teacher training placement, in Croydon. "Isn't time fun when you're having flies?" as one frog said to the other...

5 Snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Build a Catholic hospital. I don't fancy my chances in an NHS one... Give money to proper Catholic charities like SPUC, Sisters of the Gospel of Life, Aid to the Church in Need, Good Counsel Network... go on pilgrimage to the Holy Land... go on lots of pilgrimages (hey, you did say "billionaire")

Five jobs that I have had:
Shop assistant (teenager's holiday job), agency nurse, research scientist, personnel assistant, teacher.

Three of my bad habits:
Oversleeping. Irritability. Being irritating.

Five places I have lived:
Belvedere, Kent. (ok, the borders of south-east London.) Peckham, London. Camberwell, London. Forest Hill, London. Holloway, London. (That's not counting all the places in central and west London I lived as a child... my mother enjoyed moving house!)

Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
Newhousenewjob (she's going to have to change her profile pretty soon!), William on the Hill, Adrienne, Rita and Cathy of Alex.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Will do - as soon as I finish with the bookwork for our taxes BLEH!!!!
Appointment with tax preparer is tomorrow morning. So, you see - for someone with ADD I'm right on schedule because "not now" has become "now"

la mamma said...

Thanks, Mac - very prompt!

Cathy_of_Alex said...

LOL! Be afraid, be very afraid. I'll do it, no doubt in my usual outside the box way!

Dr Clam said...

Greetings! I just googled 'third time pays for all' and this post was #3 out of all the web pages in the world. I probably wouldn't have said anything, but I also teach science (chemistry at the tertiary level) and being culturally and temperamentaly a conservative Catholic wanted to add my voice to your chorus of 'Long Live Benedict XVI'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...