Thursday 26 April 2007

Hybrid Embryo Consultation

The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority is holding a Public Consultation on the creation and use of hybrid embryos (clones, cytoplasmic hybrid embryos, chimeras and transgenic human embryos) for research purposes. There is a PDF document which explains all the terms and an online consultation form (very short.) The consultation period will run up until July 20th 2007

There is also going to be an evening consultation meeting (the location of which hasn't yet been advertised) on Tuesday 26th June. If you are interested in attending, you need to register your interest by sending an email.

This really is of vital importance. I'm pretty sure that they have already made up their minds to allow the experimentation on embryos to be pushed even further (in the name of scientific "progress") but we need to register our opposition as clearly as possible.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really very odd. I posted on this at the big blog A Tangled Web and no-body seems to care.

http://tinyurl.com/2ga8jl

Will it be apathy that finally destroys us, I wonder?

James Blythe said...

I registered my displeasure, but I'm not thinking it's going to make a lot of difference. Thanks for the heads up though, MF!

Mulier Fortis said...

I've never spotted Tangled Web before... I tend to avoid anything with the word "politics" in the title...! Thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

I think I know what you mean, Mac. But I've got a theory that everything boils down, eventually, to questions of ideology and faith. So I go and rattle the cage at ATW every now and again just to try and get people thinking about Christianity. Lately the abortion question has been coming up a lot, which has led to... let's say 'mixed results'.

I'd love to see more Catholics commenting over there, really. If Catholics only stick to Catholic blogs, it makes life too easy for the politically and liberally minded to avoid the Faith, I think.

Added to which, it surely can't be a bad thing to know what's going on in the non-Catholic world?

Mulier Fortis said...

Heheheh... I don't just read Catholic Blogs... I just don't read political ones!!
;-)

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

Posted on this under the heading

"The Workshop of filthy creation" on Feb 28th.

here is the link from 27th Feb.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/
article1444186.ece

I don't think it is apathy, I mean what's to say?

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

Does anyone know how to put hyperlinks in the comm box?

Mulier Fortis said...

Step-by-step instructions here

Simon-Peter Vickers-Buckley said...

Thanks so much for that Mac. I had been using tinyurl a lot, but just blew it with that last post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...