Monday 16 April 2007

Horrible Day

On a more sombre note, it seems to be a day for awful things...

I heard about the shootings in Virginia Tech, USA. This is really horrible. I haven't heard any speculation about what provoked the shootings. That will happen soon enough.

Then a friend texted me to say that there had been a shooting in the Tesco store she was shopping in this evening, in Thornton Heath (that's part of South London), though I don't know if there were any fatalities - she's ok, Deo gratias, though obviously very shaken.

And then I got a text message from another friend to say that a mutual friend (and ex-colleague) had dropped dead yesterday. We have to wait for the post-mortem, but it looks like a heart attack. Elfrida was younger than me, and she leaves behind a husband and two young children.

Of your charity, please pray for the repose of all their souls... Requiescat in pace.
And a Hail Mary for those left behind...

3 comments:

newhousenewjob said...

They're all in my prayers, Mac.

Histor said...

Prayin' for them all.

Histor

Diane Korzeniewski said...

Prayers for the soul of Elfrida, and for all who have tragically lost their lives in many circumstances around the world.

It seems that for some, live is just a video game. The only difference is that you just can't shut it off and start over later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...