Tuesday 7 November 2006

Me and My Mantilla

I hate having my photo taken... I am tempted to refer to myself as the "Lesser-Spotted" Mulier Fortis!! However, the picture of a cat on my profile just didn't look right, especially as Jess isn't even my cat.

Fr Tim offered to take a photo of me, and on my pointing out that I didn't have a suitable brown paper bag to cover my face (a burkha would give the wrong impression), he told me that the mantilla would do...


















I do think he definitely picked the most flattering view: the back of my head. And in case you're wondering, I'm in front of the Lady Altar at Our Lady of the Rosary Church, Blackfen.

6 comments:

DP said...

That's a beautiful picture and a beautiful altar. :-)

Mulier Fortis said...

Like I said, definitely the best view!! It's even more lovely when we have Mass there on a Saturday morning...

Anonymous said...

Argh! One altar that hasn't been subjected to the wreckovation schemes of Vatican II!!!

Nice mantilla btw :)

Mulier Fortis said...

Actually, Andrew, the Lady Altar was the victim of reckovation in another parish... Fr Tim offered to give it a home when he discovered it was going to be thrown out.

...the only down side is that it makes our High Altar look a little plain by comparison!!

Anonymous said...

Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in array?

What a marvellous sight to behold!

Mulier Fortis said...

Why, thank you, Anonymous

*simpers and bats eyelashes*

...no, it's ok, I do realise that you're talking about the Lady Altar and the rather snazzy statue...

;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...