Thursday 16 November 2006

A Bun in the Oven?

I misunderstood Ma Beck's blog: I thought the references to pregnancy were to her own. However, it seems that she is actually going to adopt, and so needs to raise money for the legal fees.

So Ma Beck is getting down to some baking. I'm not sure what a Pound cake actually is, but the varieties she has suggested here (all made to her grandmother's secret recipe) sound delicious. Fr. Tim (of Hermeneutic of Continuity fame) has already ordered a couple, and Ma Beck has posted a picture of the Mint Chocolate one. Apparently one of the two is destined for his niece's Confirmation... I am rather interested in the proposed fate of the second one...

;-)

UPDATE: It would seem that Fr. Tim thought I was hinting... and the blueberry pound cake will be making an appearance at my renewal of vows on December 2nd.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the 'bun' bit might need some translation for our transatlantic brethren....I remember that is doesn't quite mean the same thing over there. Two nations divided by a common language!

Hope the tooth/teeth are feeling better.....

The Crescat said...

I love pound cake. Hope you enjoy yours. Curious though, your renewal of vows.

I saw in her profile you took private vows & wanted to know what that meant.

Thanks for the hat tips :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! I've just seen this post now... I love cakes like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...