Sunday 14 May 2006

And another thing...

Of course, what really annoys me is when these so-called Catholics are interviewed by the media (usually Radio 4 - I really shouldn't listen to it, it's bad for my blood pressure) and are described as leading Catholics or prominent Catholics.

They do not speak for me, and I get really hacked off when they claim to give a voice to the silent "majority."

I've also noticed that a favourite argument for the proposed change in Church teaching (whatever one happens to be up for discussion, and you can be sure that it will be presented as a "policy" rather than a teaching) is that the majority of ordinary Catholics already do whatever is being discussed. Well, hallo people, wake up and smell the coffee: there are a lot of people who commit murder, and lie, and steal... that doesn't mean we should change the law and make it legal!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...