Tuesday 14 October 2008

Happy Days Are Here Again...

A friend of mine has just phoned me up to relay some good news. There has been a sudden outbreak of common sense...

SATs tests are to be scrapped for Key Stage 3 (14 year olds) in English, Maths and Science, as there is already enough information from GCSE exams and A Levels.  There will be some sort of teacher assessment, I think.

My commiserations go to my colleagues in Primary Schools, as the SATs are going to continue at the end of Key Stage 2 (for 11 year olds, at the end of their primary education.)

You can read more about it from the BBC or the Daily Telegraph...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not that it means to much to me, but um.... YAY! :D

la mamma said...

It is amazing in a kind of 'but wait, that's a sensible idea that this government's come up with! Shurely some mistake?' Let's face it, there was no point in the KS3 SATS. Now that they've done something sensible, I wonder what's next?

Joe said...

Ah, but wait ... the "report card" is coming! I saw an account of this as operated in New York City somewhere earlier today .... It seems to definitely be about grading the school, so, don't worry, your head teacher will become as paranoid about that as they were about KS3
SATs ....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...